October 31, 2008

Funny Stories

  • Emma and Lily say and do so many cute and funny things I have to start writing them down so I don't forget. Today Emma said as we were waiting for Dave to come home from work, "Mom can Dad be my prince charming tonight at the party."
  • I was talking to Emma a few days ago and I asked her If she thought her Dad was strong. She said, "Yes he is so strong because he can spray bugs to kill them."
  • Emma and Lily are really good at saying there prayers. Emma will say her prayer while Lily says it in her own words. So I did not know what Emma was saying at the end of her prayers for a long time until she said it slower the other night. She says, "and thanks for Jesus Christ." Instead of, in the name of Jesus Christ.
  • My mom got me a really pretty necklace when I got married. I was excited because Michelle found it in her jewelry box. So I brought it to my house. I had it on my dresser and Emma came in my room really early while I was still sleeping. She saw it and took it to her room. Then about an hour later she said, "Oh Mom I broke your necklace. I am sorry don't worry about it Mom its okay." Those are the same words I say to Emma when something breaks that she really cares about. I said, "how did it break?" She said, "I was just pulling on it and it broke but don't worry about it." I said, "I am really worried about it that makes me so sad that was a special necklace my mom gave me. She felt really bad and she went into her room. I could hear her talking to herself she said in a whisper voice,"Oh why did I tell me mom?" She is so cute it was hard to stay mad. She brought me her necklace and Said,"Look mom I am giving you a special necklace from me for you and Dad to get married."
  • I throw away a lot of stuff. I am notorious for throwing away stuff. I just don't really get attached to things. I like a non clutter environment. I might be a little to extreme. I threw away a little book Emma's class made. She saw it in the garbage and said, "Oh my gosh Mom you threw away my book." I felt really bad I did not want her to see it. I keep other things she makes. Then she screamed again,"Oh my Gosh mom you threw away my toy and it wasn't old yet." I might be a little to extreme.
  • During conference weekend Em said, "Uh my tummy really hurts." I said, "Why?" Emma said, "Well remember I swallowed money I found in the garage the other day." I said, "No I dont remeber you swallowed money." She said, "Well I did." So I took her to the doctor and he listened to her breathing and said he thinks she will be fine and it is pretty common. She never does stuff like that I was shocked I guess she was just curious or really really hungry.

5 comments:

Trisha said...

Those are so cute! What a good idea to write them down so you remember, I need to do that!

Jodi said...

I love writing down sweet and funny moments! They are the best. I cannot believe that Emma swallowed money found in the garage- that is funny and a little scary!

Jaime said...

Kids say the cutest things! Let's get together soon so our girls can play.

Michelle said...

thanks so much for saying "Michelle found that necklace in her room" instead of saying "Michelle stole that necklace seven years ago and only recently found it and returned it." you are a very sweet sister.

Kami said...

Oh Steph, your little girls are adorable. I loved looking at their pics and reading their cute comments.